Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Harry Potter!

When I was in high school, my Russian teacher always talked about how if he were ever stranded on a desert island and allowed only one book, he'd take this one skinny Russian grammar book. Now, when he told us this many times every year, we all thought he was insane. I mean, why wouldn't you take a survival book on how to make a life boat from your toe nails instead of studying how to correctly conjugate the accusative case?!

However, today I randomly thought about this...he loves the Russian language so much he never tires of it. He can always read about it and learn about it and perfect his skills. Making me think about what book I'd take to a deserted island was this awesome class that is starting tonight. It's a literature for young adults English class and the series we're reading is *drum roll*...Harry Potter!!

I would so take the third book, The Prisoner of Azkaban, to my deserted island. It's just the best one. I mean, who doesn't love a story of adventure and friends. That's one of the things I love about this series. Not only does it make young kids want to read, it doesn't have any annoying love story that overpowers the underlying message of good triumphing over evil and the pure love that people show for one another through their own actions. Plus, this is the book where we meet Harry's godfather, Sirius Black. (Love him!!)

I hope this class is as awesome as I'm hoping that it will be!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment