Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Oh to be a kid again

Today I was on a break between classes and I started thinking...(I know, big shocker there, right??)...I am a really boring person. I mean, I have fun with my friends and everything but I don't actually go out and do stuff. I'm always working or I'm always doing homework. When I'm not doing that stuff I like to sit at home and do nothing..and by nothing I mean that I like to watch TV or read a book. Either way, I'm not out and about doing stupid things like other people my age. And I don't mean stupid like getting high, I just mean stupid like having fun doing things that kids in college do. Like going out and staying out until I am half asleep and drinking (or not drinking...I can't decide).

I feel like I'm missing out on my life. The past few days people have been telling me how awesome I am and how much fun I am. It's not that I don't appreciate that, because I really do. I'm glad people like me. But why doesn't anyone ever invite me to do anything? Why am I always the one to do the inviting?? Every once in awhile it would be nice to be the invited, not the inviter. I think I know that answer, and I already said it once, I'm BORING. Boring people aren't asked out anywhere. They're asked to take you places or do you a favor, they aren't asked to hang out on a whim unless the person asking needs something.

This is all bringing me to...

Something I hope to do in Life:

I want to be someone full of life. I've always said that I'm young at heart, but I don't know if that's true. I feel like I've been acting like I'm 40 instead of 20. I'm twenty years old and I don't like to do anything. I like to lay around and be comfortable. This, I know, needs to change. I need to embrace my life. I'm skipping to the end and missing the best part. I need to start living. I mean, what's the point if you aren't having a little fun and getting into a little(legal) mischief?

So, starting now, I'm going to be living life to the fullest. I'm going to go out and have fun with my friends. I'm going to meet new people. I'm going to get ready for Switzerland and love every second of it. I'm going to be young at heart and young at mind. I'm done being old. Just because I'm mature and have a lot of logic up in my noggin doesn't mean I need to act like an old spinster.

Let's have fun! :P


  1. You're not boreing, you're just not stupid. And I know you don'r have to be stupid to go out and do things, but 90% of college people are either stupid or act stupid, and the other 10% does something else I can't think of at the moment but since these statistics are made up it doesn't really matter.

    I am serious that you're not boring, the parts of this summer that I've enjoyed most were spent predominatly with you, doing fun things.

  2. That's the spirit! It's always how you see life and yourself that matters. So choose to have fun and don't take yourself too seriously. :)