Wednesday, January 19, 2011

I see you!

Not really. But wouldn't that just be suuuper creepy if I could?? It would be like Big Brother only Eerie Ellen. Maybe? Probably not.

So I want to tell you about my job here in beautiful Geneva.

I'm working at World Vision International, which is a non-governmental organization that has offices world wide. I just happen to be at the one here. So there :P

The organization is actually pretty cool. They are a really diverse group that touches on all of the major and many minor aspects of poverty. Their main focus is on children and their betterment, but they also work to help men and women of all ages to have a better and easier life in developing countries around the world.

Like I said before, I'm working with Beris and Laura. This week they are both gone. Which is a little funny since Laura was supposed to be my backup supervisor this week while Beris is gone. But nooooooo.....she has to go to Tanzania like a lucky little girl. Although Tanzania? Not sooo great. They be supah poor there. So I guess it's a good thing. Whatevs.

With them gone I'm on my own. So Laura is having me work on research for a paper on Acute Respiratory Infections (ARI) and pneumonia caused by i
ndoor pollution. Snooze fest??

Surprisingly, no.

It's shocking!

I read for about 4 hours. It was intense. But awesome at the same time. I get to do the same tomorrow. I know, you should be totally jealous. I don't recommend reading about micro bacteria and fungi while eating a banana though. Eww....

This is one of the views from my office though. I about die every time I look out the window.



And this is what my office looks like. That little white desk to the right bottom corner is where I'll be sitting next week when Laura returns. Until then...her desk is mine! Muahahah!

No comments:

Post a Comment