Tuesday, June 22, 2010

So I have been reading a lot lately. I've always loved reading, and the amount I have been reading wouldn't be surprising for an earlier phase in my life, but now I'm amazed. Since my breakup all I've wanted to do is hide in my bed and snuggle up with a good book. I've been reading mostly frivilous things, as well as books to help better myself. One of my favorites that I read just this past week is Remind me Again Why I Need a Man, by Claudia Carroll. HILARIOUS!






It's about a woman, named Amelia, and her friends, the "Lovely Girls." She's on a quest to find a husband within the year, and to find him she has to meet up with all of her previous (note that I don't use the work 'ex-'...I hate that word!) significant others. Throughout this fatanstic and ridiculous story you come to realize along with Amelia, that being single can't be half as bad as being in some of the relationships that she's been in. If you want to find out more about this novel, check it out at this website: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Remind-Me-Again-why-I-Need-a-Man/Claudia-Carroll/e/9780061140549




Another great book that I highly recommend is The Zahir by Paulo Cohello. This is a story about a French writer whose wife, a journalist, left him without a word. Throughout the novel you go through the journey of the author realizing how he lost her and why and what he needs to do in order to get her back. He learns how to love her in a new way and, with the help of an old friend of hers, he discovers who he truly is. This is a truly inspiring novel that helped bring me out of the brunt of my sadness. If you would like to learn more about this book, check it out:
http://www.harpercollins.com/books/The-Zahir-Paulo-Coelho/?isbn=9780060832810









Happy Reading!!


No comments:

Post a Comment