Sunday, October 24, 2010

So long, fare well.

From a small age I have been a lover of the water. I should have been born a fish! I always loved The Little Mermaid. I used to pretend to be a mermaid at the pool...I need some gills man...

As I grew older I joined the swim team at my nieghborhood pool and I loved all of it! I've always enjoyed watching meets and seeing what times people get. Soooo excting! :) My favorite events in the Olympics are the swimming. It's so cool to see the other people that love the water and to be totally jealous at their amazing skills. It's something I could never do but totally wish I could!

A hero of mine was one of these swimmers. Everyone knows him. His name, is Michael Phelps. He is an amazing swimmer, but I seriously think it's gone to his head.

Dear Michael Phelps,

I kind of think you have become a douche. I don't know what happened to you... You are such a talented athlete and you have the world at your fingertips. I feel like you have thrown away a lot of opportunities because of your crass actions.

For example, it was very unsportsman-like for you and your fellow swimmates to walk into a foreign country with gas masks over your faces. It isn't funny. It's disrespectful. Have some class.

Also, you are a public figure. Yound kid lok up t you. Why would you do drugs?! You may not care, but little kis are impressionable, and if they think you think it's cool, so will they. Be smart. Use that brain of yours. I know the chlorine hasn't gone to your head.

Love, Ellen

No comments:

Post a Comment