Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Italia!! Mucho Bella! (Is that even right?!)

Oh, Italia! You are the peanut butter to my jelly...or should I say the gelatto to my cone, or the sauce to my pasta??

Those last two sound dirty...especially the sauce one.

Florence is a beautiful city! There is so much to see, but I love the fact that you can just walk the entire city and not die.

Everywhere you look there is some sort of beautiful art work just sittin' there, waiting for you to take a picture of it. I saw so many statue butts this past weekend I don't know what to do...

We went to Florence for Anya's and Eden's birthdays and it was a blast!

On Friday, we arrived around 2 and we headed for our hostel. Which was awesome by the way. If you ever go to Florence, stay at Plus Florence Hostel. After we got there we went and got a sandwich and of course some delicious gelatto and then we headed into the city. We started with some major sites that we nearby, like Il Duomo and some other churches, like San Lorenzo Cathedral. I think almost every church in Italy is some sort of Cathedral. These Italian Catholics don't fool around, let me tell you.


On Saturday we walked around. The ENTIRE city. I seriously don't think my feet will EVER be the same. We saw some breath-taking sights. Like....THIS ONE!

Don't ask me why my hand is on my hip. I know I look dumb. Just look at the prettiness behing my dumbness.

A cool thing that we saw was a protest that was going through the city. We were going to see the only bridge that survived World War II and on our way there, they were crossing one of the bridges. We couldn't figure out what it was about until later when we saw them again, lounging outside of a church, and we saw their signs...





Yes, that says Italy is not a brothel, and yes, I was dying laughing. :D















Anywho...on Sunday I went to mass with Paul(ey) where, even though I'm Catholic and ALL masses are the SAME, I couldn't figure anything out and I forgot the prayers in English that I've been saying since I was born and yes, I could talk coming out of the womb. jealous? I thought so. We went to Santa Maria Novella and it was GORGEOUS. Actually, I think that may be an understatement to about the nth degree. I'm sorry. I can't explain it. And I couldn't get a good enough picture before the angry Italian man started yelling at me and Paul, saying, "Excuse! Excuse! No, photo! Excuse, no photo!!"

Jerk...
Pretty church though.

All in all, a fantastic weekend. I'm pretty sure that I ate my weight in gelatto, but it was TOTALLY worth it. I would live off gellatto I think. Gelatto and potatoes. NOM.

1 comment: