Wednesday, April 27, 2011

"Blame it on the alcohol"

Wow, this 30 Days of Truth thing is taking WAY longer than thirty days...mostly because when I look at the prompt I'm all like, "Ehhh....I don't want to write about that. I'm gonna go eat something."

Anyway, this prompt is on my thoughts on drugs and alcohol. I don't really know where to begin with this one because it can be all controversial and what not. Who wants to do that..? HA!

I think it's appropriate that I write this post now though because I just visited the lovely city of Amsterdam, and we all know what goes on in that city. And no, I'm not talking about the Red Light district...though I did walk past a brothel and these two women were just sitting inside in front of the doorway in lingerie and I was all like, WHOA! Wasn't expecting that! Because we were NOT in the Red Light District. I ha
d a good time, and yes I was responsible and no I'm not going to say what I did and did not do because that isn't your business :P

So. Drugs. Gernerally DUMB! I mean, if you have fun, as my house mate Milo says, "Blowing some trees" (i.e.-Mary jo) every once in a while, whatever floats your boat. Just be responsible about your fun. I know that these things are bad for your body, but so is eating a butt load of cookie dough. Just don't be stupid. Don't over do it. They are, as you would say, "soft drugs" and I don't really think that they would lead to anything harder. Plus, I also don't think that pot heads are going to be the ones out robbing banks. Have you ever met a pot head? I live with some. All they want to do is eat some pizza and watch a movie. They aren't going anywhere. Relax.

Hard drugs are another issue though. They are the ones that lead to other problems. They create problems for friends and family. Those that abuse drugs are the ones that are often breaking the law and hurting their loved ones the most. Trust me, I know this from experience.



I don't really know what to say about alcohol. I used to be all like, Drinking is stupid, merrrr!! But since I've been in Europe, I've found how much fun it can be. Like with most things in this world, you just need to be responsible. Things to remember:

1. Know your limits
2. Don't drink and drive
3. Have a safe place to stay
4. Don't leave with anyone you don't trust/know



1 comment:

  1. number 5, get drunk before you go to the bar, you'll save money.

    ReplyDelete