Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Potter Puppet Pals

Ok, so you all know how much I love Harry Potter. He is pretty much the love of my life and if he wasn't fictional and he and Ginny weren't so damn awesome I would so be all over that! :)

The past five weeks I've been taking an English class for Young Adult Literature and the series we've been reading has been the Harry Potter books. Honestly, this is the reason I took the class to begin with. Harry and his pals are just awesome. They go on cool adventures and Harry always seems to win the day, even if he breaks a few school rules while doing it. I don't know what it is about this series that just makes me love it so so so so much! All I know is that I always enjoy it no matter how many times I read it. And it never gets old! Muahahaha....(I digress) SO! In my class we have two papers (a midterm and a final) and a presentation. I did my presentation on house elves because they are just so dang cool! My good friend Meghan did her presentation on the Potter Puppet Pals. Now, if you don't know what those are, insert my loud, shocked gasp here. (Thank you.) This is an incredibly clever bunch of short videos that parody the HP series. It was thought up by a brother and a sister and I think it's ingenious! They are too funny and range from Harry and his fifth year angst to singing along with a "mysterious ticking noise!" I highly recommend these videos, especially if you love the saga and want a good laugh. They also have merchandise that you can buy, but unfortunately they are done selling as of August 25!!! :(

Seriously, watch these. Laugh. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

  1. Ellen, I too love HP. I think it's the way Rowling's books mimic in funny ways, and powerful ways, our lives. The witches and wizards act just like us; even though their world is so different, human nature stays the same. We learn about ourselves and our own human nature through these books.
    -Maria

    ReplyDelete